Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Detective Party, Part One: Invitation



I'm not sure who gets more excited about my kids' birthdays: me or them?  My LOVE for  birthday parties borders on -well- insanity! In order for you to understand the depths of my craziness, I must reveal a dirty little secret: I actually start planning the next party pretty much as I close the door behind the last little goodie bag toting guest.  


After I wipe my brow from having endured three hours of screaming, ceaseless energy, melt downs and general mayhem and begin tidying up the aftermath, my mind automatically starts to wander.  You see, it's not so much throwing the parties that intrigues me, as it is the planning.


Where will my kids' interests take me next? 

That is the question!  Though the themes we've journeyed through (so far) are typical: pirate, princess, soccer, pop star -just to name a few, my mission is to twist their ideas so that often used themes become magical.  


The magic starts with the invitation.  I love creating invites that give the guests a bit of a taste of what's to come - to already get them in character.  


For my son's 10th birthday, we've decided to have a detective party.  The invitation consists of a riddle, that when solved, the invitee discovers that a trophy that grants wishes has been stolen.  They are called upon to solve the crime. 


Last night we delivered the invitations to his friends. I'm curious to see if they figure it out!


Should you be interested in using this invitation, check out the photos.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. 


In the coming weeks, I'll post more details for this party.


Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment